google.com, pub-5075614835530024, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Review: Farmaesthetics Facial To Go | Classically Contemporary

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Review: Farmaesthetics Facial To Go

A few months ago I placed my first order through Urban Outfitters after finding a trove of beauty and home goodies on their site. Some of the brands were familiar but hard to find gems, while others were completely new to me. I wasn't surprised to see some more sustainable, organic options like those from Farmaesthetics. I decided to try a sampler of their best-sellers all boxed together in a "Facial to Go" set, geared towards healing and purifying the complexion. These are the exact results I look for in products, so my expectations were high and hopeful.


To start off, the Herbal Cleanser was my "meh" product since it was a bit challenging to use (quite liquidy) but did work well as a light cleanse. I only use it in the morning since I prefer something a bit more heavy duty to go along with my Clarisonic in the evening. The scent is light and herbal, and the product itself works fine. You are definitely paying a premium for a pretty average cleanser, but the packaging (glass) is definitely a cut above.

I love a fresh witch hazel toner to balance my skin's pH right after I cleanse. Although the Pure Complexion Tonic does not come with a spray top, the pump allows me to either apply the toner with my hands or a cotton pad. This product has quite a strong rose fragrance, that won't be appealing to everyone. I much prefer something fresh and cucumber scented, for example, but I can deal with rose. 

My favourite part about this kit is the Rosehip & Clay Mint Mask, made into a cream using the Pure Complexion Tonic. This mask smells very earthy, when all the raw ingredients mix together. I can definitely handle the fragrance, but it isn't exactly spa-like. The most incredible part is definitely the addition of Rosehip and Mint, which completely change the texture and appearance of skin over time. Rosehip is repairing and brightening, while the mint is cooling and refreshing, working to diminish breakouts with the addition of oil-absorbing clay. I'd be cautious around broken skin and scabs if you have sensitive skin since this combination could cause irritation. 

Overall, I have been very satisfied with Farmaesthetics and would surely go back to their brand for a gorgeous gift idea. As for daily use, I can't justify the price since these concoctions are so simple (yet divine) that I could recreate the mask and tonic at home. For example, the Thayer's Rose Witch Hazel is a far cheaper alternative and works just as well at their toner. Also, I have pure clay and various oils/herbs to customize similar masks on my own. If this process seems like too much work for you, leave it to the pros and indulge, since Farmaesthetics is a remarkable brand with a wonderful story.

Check out more Farmaesthetics products on their site, linked here. The Rosehip & Clay Mint mask was also featured in a previous post which you can read here

Do you have any great "sustainable beauty" finds?

xx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig