google.com, pub-5075614835530024, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Trends For Spring 2014 | Classically Contemporary

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Trends For Spring 2014

Ahh, Spring. How nice to finally see you again. A few weeks back I found an email in my inbox outlining some fun and fluttery fashion trends for this warmer weather. I felt so inspired by this Holts Muse link that I had to create a shorter report of my own. I've highlighted two trends which pull together some of my favourite clothing pieces in my current wardrobe.

Camisole- Talula, Skirt- Club Monaco, Cardigan- Forever 21, Heels- Nine West, Bag- Banana Republic
 1. Pretty Pastels
Nothing says spring like some cute pastel hues. With Easter right behind us, this is the best time to start incorporating light, bright colour into our lives. I'm not always a fan of pastel overkill, but I find that the varying chiffon fabrics and patent accessories make this look quite wearable.

Pants- Forever 21,  Shirt, Wedges, Bag- H&M, Sunnies- Zara
2. Punchy Prints
I absolutely adore a good print. When it comes to printed pants, I really hesitate to splurge especially since many prints can really accentuate the thigh area, in a not-so-hot way. Luckily, there are lots of cheaper options available for printed items, especially when the material is a polyester or cotton blend as opposed to silk. These Forever 21 pants have an cute and intricate pattern on very comfortable and flowy cotton fabric. 

When buying any printed clothing item, remember that loose-fitting is usually the most flattering and will make the item look most expensive. A tight, cotton, floral tee won't look as "high fashion" when compared to a looser, polyester blouse.

"Shopping my closet" is one of my favourite things to do at the beginning of every season. You don't have to go out and buy an entirely new wardrobe to fit the trends, simply pick up a few trendier items and pair them with your existing favourites.

Happy Spring!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template by pipdig